Not having a cordless drill can be really frustrating. We know that!
And you know what’s even more frustrating?
It’s having a drill that does not deliver as per your requirements.
We have been there and the kind of severe setbacks that your project faces are pretty hard to deal with.
Just like you – we got really annoyed by all of this. And this led us to our quest of finding the best cordless drill based on the needs and requirements of different types of users.
This review will allow you to have a basic understanding about cordless drills and learn about the features that make it better than others. In this regard, you will learn about the design, speed, torque, pros, cons and final verdict about each drill.
This will help you narrow down your options to one single drill that suits your needs!
The final verdict and editor’s choice section has categorized each drill based on your personal needs. Do check that out for a quick summary of cordless drill reviews.
So, without further ado – let’s get started!
- 1 What is a Cordless Drill?
- 2 Ten Best Cordless Drills – Comparison Chart
- 2.1 Makita Cordless Drill Review
- 2.2 Bosch-DDB181-02 Cordless Drill Review
- 2.3 Dewalt-DCD771C2-20V Review
- 2.4 BLACK+DECKER-LDX120C Review
- 2.5 Hitachi-DS18DSAL Review
- 2.6 Milwaukee-M18-Drill Review
- 2.7 Rockwell-RK2852K2 Review
- 2.8 PORTER-CABLE-PCCK600LB Review
- 2.9 Ryobi 18-Volt Review
- 2.10 SKIL 2898LI-02 Review
- 2.11 Final Verdict & Editor’s Choice!
What is a Cordless Drill?
Before reviewing each drill, let’s understand the basics of some of the drills that are present in the market. This will ensure that you make an informed choice to select the best drill for yourself.
A cordless drill is just like a normal drill. However, it can operate on rechargeable batteries as well. It is a versatile tool primarily designed to drill holes and drive screws
It is not an exhaustive list because you can put this instant drill power to numerous cases. The cordless drill reduces workforce necessary to complete hectic and difficult projects. Therefore, it is an indispensable tool for any carpenter’s tool box.
Ten Best Cordless Drills – Comparison Chart
Although Cordless drills are convenient and easy to handle, sometimes it can be a nuisance when you need enough battery life to finish a project. Low-quality battery can delay or halt the overall project.
|Makita Cordless Drill||18V||2,500||5.8 lbs|
|Ryobi 18-Volt||18V||1,600||3.2 lbs|
|SKIL 2898LI-02||18V||1,400||6.3 lbs|
This drill is a great pick for any job site because of its firm control, perfect drive and high performance. It’s a professional grade tool that every DIY enthusiast, hobbyist and professional would love to own.
- Very quick charging
- Battery power is excellent
- Ergonomic Design
- Built-in LED light to illuminate job areas in dark places
- A bit expensive than its rivals
In a nutshell, this is the perfect choice if you want a high quality and reliable drill for yourself.
This cordless drill is an ideal choice for professionals. Its two-speed transmission and 20+1 clutch settings are one of the highly valuable features. Moreover, the technical optimization for heavy-duty driving and high-speed drilling makes it a superb choice for someone who has got a handful of high speed and heavy duty tasks.
- Very lightweight – this makes it incredibly handy
- Powerful for heavy duty tasks
- Sufficiently compact for optimal handling in tight spaces
- Smooth gearing
- Easy to use
- Good gripping chuck
- Highly efficient battery and power management
- While the power is good. It’s comparatively lesser as compared to its competitors
Conclusively, it is a really good drill with great battery life and handy design that is optimal for regular tasks. You should definitely get it if you are okay with having relatively less power.
It is a highly popular cordless drill with an unbeatable torque output and an outstanding reputation for reliability and versatility. The high-performance motor delivers 300 UWO of maximum power to perform flawlessly on heavy duty projects.
- The battery can be replaced very easily
- Performance is remarkable
- The case is soft
- Pricing is good
- Takes longer to charge
- There is no belt or bit holder
- Not as light weight as other drills
If you are looking for high performance drill with slight compromise on being handy and the feature of quick charge then this is a great choice for you.
It is a best-selling Black & Decker product and regarded as the best option for drilling into wood, metal, plastic and all screw driving tasks.
- Very inexpensive
- Perfect choice for all types of home projects
- Small yet very powerful
- Excellent power and great battery performance
- Easy to use
- Takes longer to charge
- Not an excellent choice for professionals
If you want a cordless drill for home use with great battery life, high performance and ease of use then this is a really good choice for you.
This is one of the most preferred drills out there because of its all-rounder performance and good value for money. It scores well in every category, and you can say it’s the best blend of all the desirable features that your personal home drill should entail.
- Allows easy and quick change of bits
- Suitable for dark work spaces
- Its “Duracore” treatment provides high strength to the bits’ structure.
- Slightly slow top speed in drilling
Conclusively, if you want a drill with multiple features to be used in home then this is great choice.
It is one of the most efficient drills available in the market with a solid performance.
Even with an 18 volt power, it can outperform many 20 volt impact drivers including many high-end models. As an amazingly versatile device it can help you do your jobs with tremendous ease and comfort.
- Sleek design
- Has a comfortable grip
- It is quite durable
- Provides protection against friction
- Relatively expensive
- Little bit heavy
This is one of the best choices if you are looking for a robust and reliable cordless drill for your toolbox.
- Good battery life.
- Less arm fatigue. Comfortable to hold.
- Quick bit-loading.
- The switch is not very sturdy
This is great choice for people who prefer robustness and reliability.
This cordless drill is a product by Porter-Cable. They are a leading manufacturer of professional-grade cordless tools and equipment with 100 years of experience in producing performance driven accessories.
- Offers secure bit retention
- Ideal for both large and small applications
- Very Sturdy
- Not recommended for heavy usage.
Conclusively, this drill is a really good choice for you if you prefer ergonomic design, ease of use and longer operational hours.
This drill is an excellent addition to any home toolkit with its amazing technology and remarkable features for price.
- The battery life is really good even in strenuous work conditions
- Promises the lowest level of fatigue
- Easy to switch between drill settings
- The instruction manual is easy to understand
- Slippery clutch ring
- The process of removing the battery is not very convenient
This drill is lightweight, balanced and easy to maneuver. It is the perfect choice for hobbyists and people who want to have handy drill at home.
- Fast charging batteries
- Small enough to go into tight areas and corners
- Easy to switch directions
- The battery gets overheated after long usage
- No built-in flashlight
- As it offers high torque, you need to be careful while using it
If you need a high torque and superb power drill, then this is a great drill that you can have.
It goes without saying that a cordless drill is a necessary and essential part of any toolbox. Whether you are a professional or a DIY enthusiast, the right cordless drill can make life much easier for you when you are working on your projects. These tools combine portability with raw power. So, if you want to upgrade your toolkit with the help of a cordless drill, the above-given options are surely worth your consideration.