A cordless drill is a drill that can operate on rechargeable batteries as well. It is a versatile tool primarily designed to drill holes and drive screws. There can be many other chores for which you can use it, such as:
- Build a deck for yourself on your own.
- Attaching and assembling.
- Install drywall.
- Drill pilot holes into wood without creating any damage.
- Enable hole-saw to cut out holes for door knobs, sink faucets, drains and other circular holes.
- Bolt down furniture to concrete, etc.
It is not an exhaustive list because you can put this instant drill power to numerous uses. The cordless drill reduces workforce necessary to complete many projects. Therefore it is an indispensable tool for a carpenter’s tool box.
Ten Best Cordless Drills
Although Cordless drills are convenient and easy to handle, sometimes it can be a nuisance when you need enough battery life to finish a project. Low-quality battery can delay or halt the overall project. That’s why you need to remember three things when choosing the best cordless drills to buy i.e. power, torque, and speed. Below we are giving you a detailed review of some of the best cordless drills that can meet all of your individual needs.
This drill is a perfect pick for any job site because of its firm control, drive and high performance. It’s a professional grade tool that every DIY enthusiast, hobbyist and professional love to own.
- Design: It has an all gear metal construction with a rubberized soft grip that provides increased comfort on the job. It possesses “Star Protection Computer Controls” to counter overloading, over-discharging and over-heating. Plus it has a convenient 1/4″ hex chuck for quick bit changes.
- Speed: The 2-speed all-metal transmission delivers 0-400 RPM in low speed and 0-1,500 RPM in high to cater for a range of drilling and driving whereas 4-pole motor delivers 480 lbs of max torque.
- Battery: It has an 18volt lithium-ion battery; Model BL1840 that gives 35% more run time per charge than the regular ones. The lithium battery by Makita comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Extremely fast charging.
- Battery power is excellent.
- Ergonomic Design.
- Built-in LED light to illuminate job areas in dark places.
- A bit expensive than its rivals.
This cordless drill is an ideal choice for professionals. It has two-speed transmission and 20+1 clutch settings. It is optimized for heavy-duty driving and high-speed drilling.
- Design: It is a brushless, socket-ready impact driver with a variable speed trigger. It is constructed with the Durashield housing to withstand all job site conditions.
- Speed: It boasts high torque and speed; 350 in-lbs of torque for powerful fastening and 1300 RPM for efficient drilling.
- Battery: It has an 18-volt lithium ion slim pack battery. Its “Electronic Cell Protection” enhances battery lifetime by preventing the leading causes of battery failure which are overheating, overloading and deep discharging.
- Lightweight without compromising power.
- Sufficiently compact for optimal handling in tight spaces.
- Smooth gearing.
- Easy to use.
- Good gripping chuck.
- Doesn’t lose power quickly.
- Offers relatively less maximum power from its competitors.
It is a highly popular cordless drill with an unbeatable torque output and an outstanding reputation for reliability and versatility. Its high-performance motor delivers 300 UWO of maximum power to accommodate many projects.
- Design: It has a 1/2-inch single sleeve ratcheting chuck for secure gripping and ergonomic handle for safe control.
- Speed: It offers two-speed settings (0-450 & 1,500 RPM) for a variety of fastening and drilling applications.
- Battery: It contains a 20-volt lithium-ion compact battery with a charger and ½” drill driver.
- Easily replaceable battery.
- Strong performance.
- Extremely lightweight.
- Comes with a soft case.
- Well priced.
- Slightly long charging time.
- No belt or bit holder.
- A bit heavy.
It is a best-selling Black & Decker product and regarded as the best option for drilling into wood, metal, plastic and all screw driving tasks.
- Design: It is a lightweight, compact design that allows users to drill/screw in confined spaces with minimum fatigue. It has an 11-position clutch that helps in precise control.
- Speed: It boasts variable speed which allows countersinking without damaging the materials.
- Battery: It has a 20volt MAX Extended Lithium battery for a longer runtime and improved performance. You can use its battery with a broad range of cordless tool models.
- Very inexpensive.
- Perfect choice for all types of home projects.
- Small yet very powerful.
- Excellent power and battery.
- Easy to use.
- Long charging time.
- Not an excellent choice for professionals.
All users like it very well because of its all-rounder performance and good value for money. It scores well in every category, and you can say it’s the best blend of all the desirable features that your personal home drill should entail.
- Design: It comes with a 1/2″ ratcheting keyless chuck that supports a broad range of bits and a metal belt hook for easy job site accessibility.
- Speed: It delivers 460 in-lbs of torque plus 22+1 clutch settings to handle even the toughest jobs with ease. It has a variable speed trigger and a 2-speed motor for high control and precision.
- Battery: It has 1.5Ah Lithium-Ion slide batteries which maintain ergonomics and balance while extending run time. They give fade free power, weighing almost 40% less than standard batteries.
- Bits can be changed out quickly and easily.
- Highly suitable for dark work spaces.
- Its “Duracore” treatment provides high strength to the bits’ structure.
- Slighter slow top speed in drilling.
It si one of the most efficient drills available in the market with a solid performance.
Even with an 18volt power, it can outperform many 20volt impact drivers including many high-end models. An amazingly versatile piece of machinery it can help you do your jobs with tremendous ease and comfort.
- Design: It has built-in LED lights, battery fuel gauges, variable-speed triggers and a ¼ -inch hex compact impact driver.
- Speed: It has a 4-pole frameless motor that delivers up to 1400 lbs of torque.
- Battery: It runs on lithium-ion batteries. These run for a long time and are rechargeable in just 15 minutes.
- Sleek and lightweight.
- Comfortable grip.
- Friction protection.
- Bit expensive.
- Little heavier.
You can pick this drill if you are looking for a robust and reliable cordless drill for your toolbox.
- Design: Its brushless motor reduces friction and heat allowing the necessary power to go into your work. It features a 1/2-Inch metal keyless chuck to hold round securely and hex shank bits.
- Speed: It has 18 + 1 torque settings, the speed of up to 2,000 RPM, 531 in-lbs of torque and two drilling speeds.
- Battery: It has a 20volt lithium-ion battery with a lifetime guarantee. The battery power indicator is an additional add-on.
- Good battery life.
- Less arm fatigue. Comfortable to hold.
- Quick bit-loading.
- The switch is not very sturdy.
This cordless drill is from Porter-Cable. They are the leading manufacturer of professional-grade cordless tools and equipment with a 100 years experience in producing performance driven accessories.
- Design: Its ergonomic design and slim handle minimizes user’s fatigue and increases ease of use over longer periods. A built-in LED light improves visibility, whereas rubber bumpers on both sides protect it from wear and tear.
- Speed: It’s dual-speed capability (0-400, 1600 RPM) that maximizes efficiency for all types of drilling and fastening.
- Battery: 20-volt max lithium-ion batteries with 1.5 amp/hour cells for more power and extended runtime.
- Offers secure bit retention.
- Ideal for both large and small applications.
- Not recommended for heavy usage.
This drill is an excellent addition to any home toolkit with its amazing technology and remarkable features for the price.
- Design: It contains a 24 position clutch and a MagTray Magnetic Holder for convenient placement of screws and bits.
- Speed: It boasts 2-speed gearbox and has plenty of torque to fit in effectively for all types of DIY projects.
- Battery: It has an improved 18 volt one+ lithium-ion battery which gives 20% higher performance than NiCd batteries.
- The long lasting battery even in strenuous work conditions.
- Promises the lowest level of fatigue.
- Easy to switch between drill settings.
- The instruction manual is easy to understand.
- Slippery clutch ring.
- Battery removing is not very convenient.
This drill is lightweight, balanced and easy to maneuver. It can be the more appropriate choice for hobbyists and household uses.
- Design: It has a solid construction with an auxiliary handle that can be mounted to support on either side while drilling.
- Speed: It delivers 400 inch-pounds of torque and can easily get through tough materials with its multiple speed settings.
- Battery: It has an 18-volt Lithium-ion battery that holds charge four times longer than regular batteries. It has a built-in power plus system which is compatible with both Lithium and NiCd batteries.
- Fast charging batteries.
- Small enough to go into tight areas and corners.
- Easy to switch directions.
- The battery gets overheated after long usage.
- No built-in flashlight.
- As it offers high torque, you need to be careful while using it. It might break your wrist or arm in the worst possible scenario.
It goes without saying that a cordless drill is a necessary and essential part of any toolbox. Whether you are a professional or a DIY enthusiast, the right cordless drill can make life much easier for you when you are working on your projects. These tools combine portability with raw power. So, if you want to upgrade your toolkit with the help of a cordless drill, the above-given options are surely worth your consideration.